November 15, 2013

Old Forge

Old Forge

Old Forge

I wasn't too excited about my two skeins of Wollmeise Pure in Golden Pear until I figured out I would like that color in a blanket. It was my least favorite of my Wollmeise oranges whenever I thought of something I'd like to wear, but it turns out my color preference for decorational items is different. While the Graf Ratz and Golden Pear combination is not the most exciting, I like it for something I'm going to have lying on the couch. Since I knit this with a fingering weight yarn, it isn't exactly the same blanket-sized item as in the original pattern, but I'm often fine with something smaller for cover.

The Ravelry project page

5 comments:

  1. Your little version is gorgeous! I'm in love with this pattern but between all my wishes of cardis & shawls ... I have not yet found the time to knit it!
    I have just read few posts of your blog... Your projects are so beautiful! Congrats from Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blanket! Probably because I'm a sucker for orange colors, but yours appeals to me so much better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the original, too, but these colors were something I thought would make a nice decorative element.

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely stunning. I think I'd rather eat it :) than try and knit it. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete