October 6, 2013

Color Craving

Color Craving

Color Craving

Color Craving

Knitting the 2013 Westknits Mystery Shawl really was an adventure, and without a doubt the weirdest shawl I've ever knit. It was fun, even though I don't think I will end up wearing this myself. In any case, I do give Stephen West maximum points for originality and creativity of design.

I used Wollmeise Pure in colorways Wolke, Zarte Knospe and Versuchskaninchen (the green is one of my favorite colors ever). In hindsight, seeing other people's color combinations, I think I would have enjoyed knitting this with neutral colors as A and B, like light and dark grey, and then something bright and saturated for color C, like orange. But I'm not unhappy with this finished item, either.

The Ravelry project page

3 comments:

  1. I really like your color choices on this project. I think it really must be an adventure doing a Stephen West mystery knit. I am not sure I am brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, I find them always fun to take part in, even if you don't end up wearing the shawl yourself.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete