April 1, 2010

Belle Vitini aka March 2010 SKA Mystery Sock

Looks like this pair of socks was my only finished project for March! It's the Sock Knitters Anonymous Mystery Sock for March 2010 by Kristi Geraci. I left out the second pattern repeat from the leg when I realized that with two repeats the cuff went so high on the calf it started to get way too tight. With this modification the sock fits a lot better. I used 2.5 mm needles and Colinette Jitterbug. And, man, does this yarn bleed! Every time after knitting this sock for a few minutes my fingers had turned yellow. I've had bleeding problems with Jitterbug before, which I why I refused to knit with it for a while, but I was tempted by this colorway. These socks will be handwashed, in cold water, for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful -- and so orange! I'm still knitting mine. They're remarkable, aren't they? Love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had really bad bleeding problems with my turquoise Jitterbug socks, but my orange pair and my brown pair have always been fine. I think it might depend on the color of the dye. I love Jitterbug semi-solid colors, though, and your socks are quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those socks! The pattern is so gorgeous and that color is very inspiring in a foggy day like this. I found your blog only recently but I really like it. That's why I wanted to give you the Beautiful Blogger Award. See my blog: http://marjukan.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the honor, Marjukka!

    ReplyDelete