February 18, 2010

Olympic Porom

Inspired by the on-going Ravelympics and my simple need for a green hat, I set to knit my fifth Porom (by Jared Flood). I've been wearing #3 a lot this winter, and I wanted another one in a different color to match some of my other clothing. I used the same yarn as in the two previous ones, Sandnes Garn Alpakka, and the needle sizes I had previously found suitable, 3mm and 4mm, and got exactly what I wanted. Sometimes it's nice to knit something that's pretty much guaranteed to be exactly what you had in mind, so I don't mind repeating the same pattern every once in a while.

4 comments:

  1. I'm completely with you on the satisfaction of knitting a tried-and-tested pattern. I have two hat patterns that I've made three times each and again I'm contemplating making more of them. At the same time, I love the thrill of new patterns two... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning on you - beautifully knitted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Porom looks wonder! It's such a classic and beautiful green hat!

    ReplyDelete