February 25, 2010

KawKawEsque

Yarnissima being the designer of the month at the Sockdown on Ravelry, I decided to give this pattern another try. I first started knitting a pair a few months ago but didn't get much further than the toe, and gave up. It was still not my favorite sock pattern to knit, with the purling through back loop and such, but otherwise it was a relatively easy pattern, and I really liked the look of the socks, so I decided I had to finish them this time. For the yarn I used Araucania Ranco Solid and for the needles I used 2.25 mm circulars magic looped. They are a very snug fit. I think these socks will get a lot of use.

6 comments:

  1. I love the color! And you did a wonderful job. I guess there are different kinds of knits: those we enjoy making and those we enjoy wearing. When both those meet in the same pattern it's perfect, but that doesn't mean the others aren't worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I have seen this sock pattern. It is interesting to say the least. The color is fantastic. I bet you will be glad that you stuck it through and got a pair of socks you will love wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fit looks absolutely great. I haven't seen this pattern before, either, and have to say that you definitely got me interested - I can imagine it's not the most exciting knit, but the socks look like they will be worn a lot! Haven't seen this color of Ranco Multi before, either, and it's looking good. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so darn fast ;-) I'm taking another break from my "olympic socks" ;-) These socks are incredibly cute by color and pattern! Congratulations! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great. I'm always envious of magic loop knitters. I'm way too comfy with my cuff down dpn socks. Time to take off the training wheels I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to knit only cuff down and with DPNs for years, and only learned other techniques recently. Toe-up patterns I first tried two years ago, and magic-looping only a couple of months ago. I still use DPNs, too, usually for cuff-down socks. Starting toe-up socks is so much easier with circular needles than with DPNs, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete