January 15, 2010

Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern

Fail! I've delayed blogging about my second pair of socks for this year, because they were such a failure. They're based on the pattern Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, with the modification of switching the toe to a round one. The yarn is Kirjo-Pirkka and the needles 2.0 mm. These were originally meant to be a gift to a friend, but I don't feel giving someone something I consider a failure. Why a failure? While the foot is almost too tight, the leg is way too loose, and has a weird bulge at the back of the ankle caused by calf decreases that, in my opinion, are placed way too low. I'm apparently not the only one with this problem. If I were to knit these again, I'd either start with fewer stitches, or make the leg longer by adding pattern repeats after the decreases, so the shape of the leg actually fits an average adult female's leg.

1 comment:

  1. Send 'em to me. I've got small feet and "cankles." ;-) Cheer up. The stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete