November 22, 2009

Garter Rib Socks #2

I seem to be having a simple socks phase. After I finished the man-sized socks in the previous post, I wanted to knit a pair to fit my own feet, and use some of the yarn I bought from a craft fair a week ago. It was my first time using Fleece Artist Somoko, and I find it quite lovely to knit, and I love the fuzziness from the bit of mohair in it. I don't usually go for sock yarns with even this amount of variegation, but I was curious about the fiber content. I'd love to knit with this yarn again, just in a more solid colorway. The needles were 2.25 mm, and the pattern the same modified version of Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks as in the previous pair of socks, just with 64 stitches this time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not really into variegated colors either... except when it's as beautiful as this one! Seriously, I think that when it's not too much, it really gives awesome results! Love these little socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think the amount of variegation in this yarn is acceptable, at least in a simple pattern like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, compared to the knitting that I am doing at the moment, these are complicated! They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete