February 7, 2009

Needles, Notions And WIPs

Knitting has still been slow, but steady. I've been working on my second try at Porom, and it's looking more promising this time. I also cast on for a pair of Twisted Flower Socks, which is going to be a bit of challenge, but, compared to Girasole, they shouldn't be any more impossible to complete.



I've also been experimenting with different types of needles lately. I was dying to get nickle-plated DPNs, because they look so pretty, only to be disappointed by how heavy they are: even the 2.5 mm Addis are too heavy for sock knitting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I also ordered a pair of Susanne's DPNs in ebony. They are certainly lighter than the nickle-plated ones, although it's kind of hard to tell they are wood; their texture is very homogenous, almost like rubber.

What I've mostly been doing this past week or so is making stitch markers. I got inspired by Suzana's stitch markers and wanted to make some myself. I've now completed about 20 sets of 5 markers, and the huge majority of them have been sent out to other people, because I'm never going to need so many myself, especially with the pretty stitch markers I already got from Suzana.

2 comments:

  1. I like the photography in your blog! very pleasing to look at! Good work and keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently treated myself to a set of Knitpicks Harmony sock needles (6 sets of diff. sizes in the package) and they're great, esp. for cabling, etc. where you don't want to drop a slippery metal needle. Also got their interchangeable nickel circulars set. In love with both.

    ReplyDelete